Get the 22 page home buyers guide here. You'll learn the steps to qualify for a mortgage and to buy a home in Orange County. Buy with Confidence.
Four things that have been the most important to my past clients.
My VIP Buyers program which will give you access to off-market properties that fit your criteria. 10% of houses in Orange County sell before they ever get listed on the market. We need to see those as well.
I will negotiate until the checks are cashed. We don't want to leave any money on the table and sometimes we can negotiate for the sellers to pay for closing costs such as title and escrow fees.
Because of my experience in mortgage finance, I can show you ways to save money on one of your biggest assets, your new home.
Relocation Concierge. When clients are moving from out of the area, I want to know what feels like home before we hunt for a specific house. Schools, neighborhoods, golf courses, shopping, beaches...what will make this house feel like home.
1. Looking for a home before applying for a mortgage. It's fun looking at homes, the architecture, the interior design and then thinking about your personal style. It's not as much fun digging out your tax returns and then talking to an analyst about your financial situation. But the latter is the most important for your future. Don't put this step off to long. You might find your dream home only to discover you can't afford it.
2. Talking to one lender. If you have a personal relationship with your lender then I think speaking to only one will work. You want a lender that is caring and intelligent! Don't worry about hurting feelings. Take the emotions out of this decision and be logical. Saving $100 per month on your mortgage can add up to a nice vacation.
3. Waiting for the "perfect" house. It is beneficial to keep an open mind when home shopping. Waiting for the perfect home can keep you waiting for a long time. Try to imagine what a little sweat equity can do to the overall look. If repairs are needed your agent can negotiate for things to be repaired before closing or you can get a credit to pay for the repairs after closing.
4. Buying more house than you can afford. Logically speaking this seems obvious but when buyers find the "diamond in the rough it's easy to stretch. This can put you at risk. If anything happens, injury or job loss, losing your home can become a reality.
5. Draining your savings. Six months of living expenses in the bank is a good benchmark to shoot for.
6. Miscalculating the hidden costs of homeownership. Annual maintenance costs are often overlooked. Add $200 a month for maintenance. Don't forget to add property tax, insurance, HOA's and utilities to your total obligations.
7. Buying something between preapproval and closing. Your mortgage lender will look at your credit report when they qualify you for your mortgage. They will take a second look at closing, before they fund your loan, to verify nothing has changed. Such as a new car loan or a new credit card from Best Buy after financing the new flat screen. Please do not take on additional debts after your preapproval.
8. Assuming you need a large down payment. Loan programs offer 97% of the appraised value. If you qualify you could put as little as 3% down.
9. Not talking to your lender about FHA and VA loans. These loan programs are government insured and they exist to help qualify for buying a home. Along with low down payments the credit requirements are usually less strict.
Located in the beach close community of San Juan Hills West, a well established 55+ HOA with easy access to San Juan Hills public golf course. This single story home has ...
Welcome to Seabridge Villas! Resort-like living at it's finest! This ideal, open floor plan showcases 2 bedrooms & 2 full baths, overlooking a scenic pond and cascading w...
Exceptional opportunity in beautiful St. Tropez community!! Open and spacious floor plan with 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths! Great location, just minutes to the beach!! Light ...
Rare Lake Front View Property - Entertainers Paradise - 3 Bedrooms And A Basement That Could Be Used As A 4th Bedroom, Beautiful Interior With Dark Brazilian Hardwood Flo...
Based on information from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. as of . This information is for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties you may be interested in purchasing. Display of MLS data is usually deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Buyers are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information and should investigate the data themselves or retain appropriate professionals. Information from sources other than the Listing Agent may have been included in the MLS data. Unless otherwise specified in writing, Broker/Agent has not and will not verify any information obtained from other sources. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.